Using Maximum Bidding is just like having someone watch over your auctions when you're not there to make sure you always have a chance for a winning bid.
You set the maximum amount you are willing to bid and the Maximum Bidding feature ensures that you get the best deal by submitting the smallest incremental bid possible to keep you the leading bidder!
The Maximum Bid feature will never bid higher than you tell it to. If the bidding in an auction goes over your maximum bid, you will be sent an e-mail to let you know you have been outbid. In that case – and assuming the auction has not ended – you can then enter a new bid by simply returning to the auction item’s page.1) How do I use it?
- Enter your User Name and your Password on the bid form.
- Enter your maximum bid price in the text field.
- Press the "Place Max Bid" bid button
- Confirm your maximum bid when asked to.
- That is all.
2) How does it work?
- The Maximum Bid feature determines winning bids using the same order of precedence we use for our regular auctions.
- Maximum bids will be submitted automatically if your current high bid is exceeded but still below your maximum bid.
- Only you know your maximum bid price. It is kept secret from all other bidders.
- Think carefully before bidding! Once you submit a Maximum Bid, you may not retract it.
3) What happens if my Maximum Bid is outbid?
- If the Maximum Bid you have set is outbid you will receive an e-mail stating that "you have been outbid...".
- Click on the link provided to return to the auction (assuming the auction is still live).
- You can then counter with a new bid.